Attachment. It’s a word that so easily trips off the tongue when defining relationships in care proceedings but what exactly does it mean and what is its impact on family law work? This course explores the construct from the perspective of family solicitors representing clients and will help you more clearly articulate its relevance to your cases and assist you in writing targeted and person centred LOIs for expert witnesses. The course considers the following key areas:
- An introduction to attachment
- Widening the definition and its application
- Attachment and the ‘good enough’ parent
- Attachment and child development
- Application to care proceedings: helpful or restrictive?
- What about our attachment? The ‘good enough’ practitioner